All downloads on this blog are for The Sims 2 and sometimes The Sims 4 only. They will not work with The Sims 3.
If you would like to convert them for either Sims 3 or Sims 4 then please feel free to do so. All I ask is that no TSR or Adfly be used with them and for you to send me a link so I can enjoy them too :)
*NO PAY SITES! THIS INCLUDES TSR!*

-I am trying to add links to any Sims 3 conversions that I know of. If there isn't one linked at the top of the original post then either there isn't one or I haven't seen the conversion yet. If you know of some then please let me know :)-

Some Downloads were removed by Mediafire and I have contacted them. If you run into something you want that is gone let me know and I will upload it somewhere else. Everything should be back ASAP.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Cleaning

Hey lovelies.

I decided to do a little fall cleaning on my downloads folder. I figured it would do it some good to throw away all of the old downloads that no longer really get used. This in it self sounds easy but when I actually started doing so it became very apparent that it was going to be a long hard process.

Two long and sleepless days later I am done! I even reinstalled the game just in case it decided to throw a fit at all the lost items. I started this journey with a Downloads Folder of 9,5GB (give or take) with around 58000 files. I've learned that when I hit 10GB of downloads my game complains so I really needed to clean it up.

I managed to get it down to 5.51 GB and 38,747 files. So about 4GB difference. I would love to get it lower but I really am not ready to let go of anything else.

I do want to share some helpful programs that helped me through this fall cleaning.

  1. Delphy's Download Organizer - I really only use this to search for Orphans to insure I didn't accidentally delete a mesh or recolor. I then go and look for the missing mesh/recolor or delete it if it is no longer needed.
  2. Doublekiller - Unlike Delphy's Download Organizer, this program will list all duplicates so you can decide which to keep and which not to. I also found that it listed things that DDO didn't. It was clear and to the point. 
  3. Empty Folder Nuker - This one is really handy! It finds and deletes empty folders. Nothing more and nothing less yet so helpful.
  4. The Compressorizer - I'm pretty sure everyone already knows about this jewel. It compresses your .packages to reduce the size of your downloads folder.
Of course there are other programs that you should also have that make game play much more enjoyable, such as SimPE, Sims2Pack Clean Installer, Sims 2 Error Log Generator, Scriptorium, CEP, oh the list goes on and on!

Anyway, I think it is time for some long a waited sleep. Later today (It is 8:30 am!) I will begin defugafying my townies and getting my projects under way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts